Civil or environmental Engineering?

Currently a first year engineering student, which of these would be better as a major? I enjoy both, but which is more beneficial?

Favorite Answer

My Opinion

1. Civil - is good because you can go in many different directions which include Traffic, Environmental, Transportation, Water Resources, Waste Management, Construction Management and so on....

2. Environmental - Well you only have one options or road map to follow which is again Environmental and the job market is though you will have to compete with Environmental Eng., Chemical Eng., and any other science based majors related to Environmental.

In short you have a greater opportunity to get a job in as a Civil because you have been exposed to different subjects and industries.

while an Env. well you where only exposed to environmental so you are less marketable.

Source(s): Me, BS in Civil and Getting my Master in Construction Management. You need to be marketable in the job market.

civil by far