Someone from the south please help bbq/cornbread i need good recipes. real prize for best answer?

Hi living in canada you hardly see cornbread or real bbq around (unless you want kraft bbq sauce) and it would mean the world if someone could give me their recipes so I can experience this joy. If someone produces and makes me smile I will ship them a small box of very good local treats such as maple syrup treats, montreal steak spice etc

Favorite Answer

Good BBQ does not require sauce.

One of the best pieces of meat to BBQ, and one that is hard to mess up is a pork shoulder.

Make a dry rub of spices and sugar.

I use salt

pepper

paprika

cayenne

brown sugar

garlic powder

onion powder

The salt and sugar should make up most of the rub and the seasonings to taste.

I blend this together and rub it all over the pork shoulder.

I do not have a grill so it goes into the oven at 225 degrees F. for 8 to 10 hours.

If you have a grill low and slow is the key.

After the meat is done it will just fall off the bone and you can serve it on buns for a sandwich, adding sauce if you want. Another common way for a sandwich like this to be served would be to put cold-slaw on top of it. (I personally am not a fan of the slaw on top of the sandwich I prefer it on the side.)

Cornbread awesome with not just BBQ but chili and gumbo.

Here is a recipe for cornbread as written on the package I will give my version at the end.

Golden Cornbread

Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees F.

1 Cup stone ground cornmeal

1 Cup flour, pastry flour preferred

1/2 tsp salt

4 tsp baking powder

1 Tb sugar..optional true southern cornbread does not use sugar

1 egg

1 Cup milk

1/4 cup butter, softened

Mix together dry ingredients.

Add egg and butter. Mix until blended, about 1 minute do not over mix.

Bake in a greased 8 inch square pan for 20 to 25 minutes.

If you have a cast iron pan Heat the pan in the oven, add some butter or better yet bacon grease.

Pour batter into pan and bake.

My changes...

I add 2 or 3 minced jalapeno peppers to the cornbread.

I also replace the 1 cup of milk with a can of creamed corn. (I know the can is more than the cup but it works)

I also add a hand full of grated cheddar cheese into the batter and sprinkle some on top before baking.

• Ezra

Ingredients

2 (7-ounce) packages sweet yellow cornbread mix

1 cup whole milk

2 large eggs

1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken

1/3 cup barbeque sauce

Chopped sweet pickles, for garnish

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly spray a 24-cup miniature muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine the cornbread mix, milk, and eggs, stirring until smooth. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan. While still warm, push down the center of the muffins with your thumb, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell.

In a small bowl, combine the chicken and barbeque sauce. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cornbread cups. Garnish with chopped sweet pickles, if desired.

- See more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bbq-...

Source(s): Food network

corn bread

2 cups cornmeal either yellow or white, doesn't matter at all

1/4 cup sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup melted butter

2 eggs

1 cup milk

blend dry ingredients, quickly stir in wet ingredients like stirring coffee cake.

pour into HOT buttered cast iron skillet, bake 15 minutes at 400F

invert immediately to serving plate and cut.

for bbq sauce, I have a number of recipes but there are none better than Jim Beam BBQ Sauces or Jack Daniels BBQ sauces. I have used Kraft Sauce in a pinch, but it is not the best choice.

• dione

Yahoo in basic terms all started an awards software in Yahoo, yet you may request a contemporary, and that they deliver it. inspect the homestead web site--once you're a point 7 you get a sweatshirt. i'm a point 6 and so a ways I unquestionably have in straightforward terms gained the point 2 prize.

I hope (((Beast))) answers this for you. I have seen pics of his BBQ and it looks SO good.

I am in Canada and make my own BBQ sauce.