Reducing sentence length to achieve conciseness?

Each of the following sentences is too long.

1)In regard to the progress reports, they should be absolutely complete by the fifteenth of each month.

2)I wonder if you would be so kind as to answer a few questions about your proposal.

3)I am in receipt of your memo requesting an increase in pay and am of the opinion that it is not merited at this time due to the fact that you have worked here for only one month.

4)One two different occasions, I have made an investigation of you residence, and I believe that your sump pump might result in damage to your neighbour’s adjacent property. I have come to the conclusion that you must take action to rectify this potential dilemma, or your neighbour might seek to sue you in a court of law.

5)If there are any questions that you might have, please feel free to contact me by phone.

Favorite Answer

1) Progress reports should be complete by the fifteenth of each month.

2) I wonder if you would answer questions about your proposal.

3) An increase in pay is not merited at this time since you have worked here for only one month.

4) After an investigation of your residence, your sump pump might damage your neighbour’s adjacent property, so needs to be rectified or your neighbor might sue you.

5) If you have any questions, please contact me by phone.

Source(s): Bachelor's of English