What is the name of this book?

It's a book about divorce for kids. I remember reading it in elementary school and I think it'd be a good idea for a friend of mine to read it. In the book the girl at some point tried to run away but once they found her she realized running away never fixes anything. She stayed at her dads some weekends and her dad had a girlfriend. In the apartment building, another girl (or maybe it was the girlfriends daughter...) became friends with the girl whose parents were getting divorce. The took a bubblebath together. (I'm just including the details I remember) The girl had a project that she had her dad carry into the house so that maybe her parents would get back together, but instead it was just cool and awkward. I believe she was the middle child. Any other books on divorce that you might know of that have good messages would be lovely for you to mention as well! Thanks! Best answer full stars!

• Kelley
    Favorite Answer

It sounds a bit like It's Not the End of the World by Judy Blume.