Shawn asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 years ago

I need a 4-day-week muscle building workout routine?

I am a freshman in College, 18 years old, 5ft. 9in. tall I weigh 127lbs. I can max bench 160 and max squat almost 300, can do roughly 15 pullups. Anyways, I'm still pretty small I need a good workout routine to build some good muscle. Prefferably 4 days a week without doing weekends. When I was in highschool my weightlifting class teacher focused on the "push, pull" method for his workouts. We'd do chest with triceps, back with biceps, legs for a day, pure cardio wednesdays, stuff like that. Please help and list a good workout that works? Thank you.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

doing a 4 day a week training schedule it is best to do the smaller muscle groups in between the larger ones. when i only have 4 days to work, i always do legs on day 1, arms on day 2, chest on day 3, and back n shoulders on day 4. this makes days 2 & 4 a bit longer, but at least you get everything done this way. since you would be doing everything once a week i would suggest going fairly heavy with sets of 3-5 and reps of 3-5.

Day 1: Legs

Squats

Leg Press

Leg Extensions

Leg Curls

Standing Calf Raises

Seated Calf Raises

Day 2: Arms

Triceps:

EZ bar Tricep Extensions

V- Handle Push downs

Dumbbell Kickbacks

Bench dips or Diamond push ups

Biceps:

EZ curls or Barbell curls

Dumbbell Hammers

Behind the back cable curls

Forearms:

EZ curl Reverse arm curls

barbell wrist curls

wrist rollers

Day 3: Chest

Barbell Bench press

Dumbbell Incline press

Pec deck Flyes

Cable Crossovers

Push ups

Day 4: Back n Shoulders

Back:

T-bar/Corner rows

cable rows

dumbbell rows

Lats:

Wide as possible lat pulldowns

close grip pull ups

Straight arm lat pull downs

Traps:

Barbell Shrugs

Dumbbell Turtle maker shrugs

Lower back:

Straight leg Deadlifts

Shoulders:

Military barbell press/Dumbbell shoulder press

Barbell up right rows

Lateral raises

Dumbbell front lateral raises

Reverse pec deck/ Rear delt lateral raises

this should help with your current situation. and of course work abs and obliques into your schedule however you want, and try to hit calves aleast twice a week if possible. i would do them again on chest day, but that is just me...

Source(s): Amatuer Bodybuiler, workout partner is a professional bodybuilder
  • warman
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

4 Day Muscle Building Workout

• 5 years ago

Build Ripped Muscle Fast

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDT9e

You must understand that none of this is going to happen fast or easy. Second, it is not just appearances. Your body is your dwelling place for the rest of this life. Most people emphasize the arms, abs, and pectoral muscles because they like the appearance. Upper body is really not as significant as most think. The larger muscle groups are more critical to your long term development and your health. There are some things that you need to take into account in your early training to prevent injury and get better results sooner. New muscle needs to develop "infrastructure" meaning blood supply first. You should start with very light weight and high reps and increase in reps for a while. How long that is depends on your age and physical condition. For most people that would be at least 1 month. The other thing you should do is to strengthen your shoulder rotator cuffs. People who get injured there may not be doing anything much for a year. You can find exercises for that on the web. Be sure you do this to give yourself years of training stability. Running is good for cardio but does not develop strength or muscle mass. You might consider running the stairs or stadium bleachers if you have been running for a while. The single best thing you can do is not something which appeals to most people. Full squats will do a huge amount for your legs but also for your chest, heart and lungs. Paul Anderson the great American weightlifting champion said that " If you do not bend your legs and do those squats, you will never reach your potential." After you get the beginning conditioning done, you can go to more weight and lower reps. The other thing is not to neglect your other infrastructure, heart and lungs. Cardio should be part of every workout. Cardio will give you the endurance necessary for serious training. You can run, jump rope, use an elliptical (best), or a stair climber, or stationary bike for cardiovascular training. Your legs and chest development are closely connected. Squats are a must from the beginning. More or less the same thing there. In general, you need to do something for each and every muscle group with more concentration on your legs at the beginning. Do not neglect your abs and lower back because they protect your spine from injury. Injury is the worst enemy in fitness of any kind. Strenuous exercise will require you to eat a little differently. Nuts are a good protein supplement (about 25% by weight which is equal to any kind of meat). You must also eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Most people need about 50 grams of protein per day. You do need to consume more protein with hard training but there are lots of veg sources such as nuts and soy. When training very hard you will need about 150 grams a day. Without working with weights, you may only need about 100 grams. Soy, peanuts, and beans are all legumes; to complete the protein you must eat tree nuts and/or seed proteins with them. You really do not need those fancy supplements and some of them can damage your kidneys. Your body and your mind are both gifts from God. Make the most of both. In any event, good luck to you. The decision to improve yourself is always a good one. Book: Body for Life by Phillips

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

How many times maybe you have seen a guy benching while arching his straight back and moving the weight off his chest? Well please do not follow this moron. Allow him learn the hard way since you can learn the nice way from here https://tr.im/HqILp

Critical Bench is a bench push plan personalized by MikeWesterdal. It is one of the increasingly common bodybuilding programs that lines up with different significant body building routines like Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle.

• 8 years ago

AST Max OT. This is the best. Their supplements are also the best. But at your age, with a sound diet, you will get stronger. Just adjust the 5 day a week program (customize) to meet your needs.

Works for me.

• 8 years ago

Monday - Jack off with your right hand

Tuesday- Rest

Wednesday - Jack off with your left

Thursday- Rest

Friday - Cardio

You will have killer biceps in no time. Make sure to get plenty of protein, as you will lose a lot from all the ***

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Did you tested out Muscle Gaining Secrets system. Proceed to on this page : http://go.musclegainway.com/ . This could probably explain people!

• maxine
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Lose Weight with Foods!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Well

The number one resource I found online that teaches how to gain muscles (pounds of muscles!) and shred your body fat is http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=552.

it's the only one program that worked for me (and still working)

Bye

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.