im planing on getting a siberian huskey pup within next week or 2 and would like 2 no if there is any tips?

the puppy right now is 8 weeks old and i plan on getting him when he is about 9-12 weeks old

i could use some good potty training tips and just anything i might wanna no about this dog....

some tips on obedience training tips could be good to

please and thank you

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lizzie
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

There are literally hundreds of books and dvds on how to take care of puppies and train them that you can buy at www.dogwise.com. There are dozens of dog training videos on YouTube. There are the wonderful Sirius Puppy Training Classes that you and the puppy will enjoy. The puppy will learn basic manners/obedience, begin socialization, learn bite inhibition, and you will be helping to prevent future dogfights by completing the 12 week course. Find Sirius Dog Training on the internet and sign up, NOW. Even beginners shine in these classes, sometimes outdoing the old timers! Plus, the classes are FUN!

Be sure to see the OFA (hips) and either CERF or SHOR papers (for eyes). This breed is prone to a variety of eye problems (PRA, glaucoma, cataracts and corneal dystrophy).

Teach your pup to LOVE brushing because you'll be doing a LOT of it for the next 12+ years.

Keep this dog away from other small pets (hamsters, cats, etc.) as well as farm animals.

This is a high energy dog. Don't let if off leash outside of your fenced yard.

• 8 years ago

1: Be VERY careful with what you leave around, they will get into anything and could possibly put themselves in danger even if other breeds are less likely to.

2: If you don't want your pup to grow up thinking your hand is a chew toy then don't play around and let him take over as it enforces this behavior. Other household members should do the same.

3: Don't feed him just because he is hungry, he will most likely overeat if left to his own choice.

4: Make sure he gets lots of love and attention, this is your best chance for him to bond with you as while Huskies are good with everyone they are also looking for their one 'leader'.

Enjoy your pup, I have a 5-month old Husky. :)

• 8 years ago

Just a warning: Huskies are extremely energetic. He will bounce off the walls as he grows up. Lol. Other than that they are very friendly. Better as an outdoor dog. Good Luck!

Source(s): I own one :)
  • Sam
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

They're energetic, and can be stubborn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.