What your Opinion on a travel mug with silicon lid.?

Ive been dying to buy this super cute ceramic cup with the silicon lid. But my friend was rejecting it and saying that the silicon is bad for you and I read some reviews and some of it was pretty bad! I wanted too see what people that have used it think of it?!

Sorry about my English.

Thank you

Favorite Answer

I loved mine until it broke. It's dishwasher-safe, so that means it's a lot cleaner than a lid that you can't sterilize easily.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's safer to use the silicon lid than it is to 1) spill tea on yourself while you are driving, 2) use a wooden lid (who even makes those?) 3) get dehydrated.

When you aren't driving, just take the lid off and drink from the ceramic cup. You'll get the best of both worlds -- no dust, but delicious drinks.

BTW, not a great idea to drink anything and drive, but sometimes you need to do it.

i purchased a short fat 20 ounce commute mug at a convenience shop. It travels nicely not like the others that turn over and spill. reason being is the bottom is weighted. This lid does not in good structure any of the different mugs and it does detach. I gave the different excellent heavy mugs away. they are to messy and spilled espresso ruins the interior fabrics and carpeting. except that i ought to signify buying the dixie espresso mugs with the lids. they are disposable. you'll shop funds that way.

We put bags of silicon inside people's bodies. Silicon is extremely heat resistant, which is why cookware and bakeware is often made of it. Because it's so heat resistant, it doesn't degrade easily. You won't just be drinking tons of silicon every time you use your cup - it's much healthier that way than plastic, which does degrade with heat. If there are negative reviews of the product itself, though, listen to them.