New mustang vs New Camaro?

I want a new car. Can't decide which. So, Mustang or Camaro which is a better buy?

Can I have some reasons as to why one is better than the other. All I'm getting are opinions from Team Chevy and Team Ford.

Wow, never expected to get an actual GM service rep to answer my question. I'm looking more towards interior amenities and electronics. I'm fine with any performance.

Favorite Answer

I start with trying to figure out where I get the most return on my money.

Dollar wise the Mustang V6 coupe is the best. It will cost on an average of 51 cents a mile to operate. This is spread over lower insurance costs, better mileage, less depreciation and lower cost up front (to name just a few). The interesting thing to me is that repair costs and maintenance costs are also lower (a big clue for those of us who want a reliable automobile).

Then the Camaro 1 LT- which by all reviews is a poorer handling car.

Third cost wise (long term ownership) is a Mustang GT, and the most expensive to own is a Camaro 2 SS.

Now I did not make the numbers up. I am trusting Yahoo Autos to be impartial in reporting the facts.

So go sit in a couple- take them for a test drive and check out other impartial sources such as Consumer Reports.

But never trust a cars sales person to tell you which is better- even more so when they are telling you to buy what they sell.

If GM truly built cars worth the dollar- then there would have been no need for a government loan. They lost consumer confidence and the current products are not solving the problem.

• bebout

Camaro Or Mustang

Mustang Or Camaro

• Bryna

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

New mustang vs New Camaro?

Source(s): mustang camaro: https://shorturl.im/8rKvw

One: they don't cost TOO much to insure. If you have the budget to pay for something, then it doesn't cost too much.

Two: they don't get horrible gas mileage, they just don't get boring econo chit box gas mileage.

Three (and an actual answer to your question): It all comes down to personal preference. Personally, I like chevy's more, but that's because I've been raised around chevy owners. The new mustang 5.0 is faster in the quarter (on average) than the SS. It really hurts to say that.

BUT, the camaro will be cheaper in terms of valve train parts, and should be a little easier to work on. Also, you can make any car fast, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend. Like I just said, the valve train components will be cheaper, including aftermarket pieces. This means you can add power at less expense than a DOHC engine. Throw some Mickey Thompson E/T streets on their and have fun.

If you care about sticking to its classic muscle car roots in terms of looks, then that goes to the ford. The ford looks more like a 60's mustang than the camaro looks like a 60's camaro.

If you want a handling pony car, go with the 1LE package on the SS. It out handles the mustang, and it's acceleration is better than a normal SS due to shorter ratios between gears, and shorter final drive.

All in all, these cars are two very different animals. Chevy didn't want to try and be better at everything than Ford, so they did this and that. Ford didn't want to try and be better than Chevy at everything, so they did that and this. Go with whichever matches up better with your desires. Though I would only suggest the mustang if its the new 5.0 GT (you don't have to get the boss to get a 5.0, but the boss has 24 more horsepower), as the 4.6 is slower stock than the SS.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

New mustang vs New Camaro?

Source(s): mustang camaro: https://biturl.im/liNw3

The best way to decide what works for you is by taking the time to look at them in person. The Camaro is a solid option if you enjoy sports oriented cars. Their is the Coupe, Convertible, and ZL1 currently available in the 2013 model year. The engines range from a V6 with up to 323 HP, V8 on the SS with up to 426 HP, and the ZL1 V8 with up to 580 HP. There is also a wide variety of choices available with the trim levels. Test drives are highly encouraged. Let us know if you any product questions. Good luck with your decision!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

"All I'm getting are opinions from Team Chevy and Team Ford."

LOL. when the question is "Mustang or Camaro", the only answers you're going to get are from Team Chevy & Team Ford.

fwiw: as far as the mechanics go on the cars, it doesn't make any difference which one you get. (& if both teams were honest then they'd admit that) they're sports cars, they cost too much to insure & they get crappy gas mileage but they do make heads turn on the road & they make that really cool "vrrrrooomm" sound that sports car enthusiasts like so much.

so the only real difference is are ***YOU*** Team Chevy or Team Ford.

i ll take a 2003 cobra kenne bell that i now i can whoop both new mustang and new shitty camaros and do not have to worry loan government how about that

Mustang is a very sporty and beautiful car. Camaro has more blind spots than the Mustang, but it is also a very nice car. I would think that the Mustang would win in this comparison.

Source(s): CEO of Car Revolution