Ford Mustang vs Chevy Camaro. Which one is better?

Which one is better. And I mean the new one's not the old ones. Like 2013-2014.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For the V6 Models, the Mustang is better, it's quicker, handles better (despite the OMG Live axle), and gets better fuel economy, and is cheaper.

For the V8 Models, In straight line speed, the GT and SS are very close, with the Mustang having a slight edge in most situations. On the track the GT will edge out the Camaro as seen here

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap...

For the GT500 and ZL1, The GT500 is faster in straight line, and has a higher top speed, but the ZL1 is the better track car.

The interiors of both cars are fairly comparable, the Camaro's styling limits the driver's visibility though.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

2013 Mustang Vs Camaro

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

For the V6 Models, the Mustang is better, it is quicker, handles much better (despite the OMG Live axle), and gets much better gasoline economy, and is cheaper. For the V8 Models, In straight line speed, the GT and SS tend to be extremely close, with the Mustang getting a slight edge in most situations. On the monitor the GT will edge out the Camaro as seen right here caranddriver website/features/lig... For the GT500 and ZL1, The GT500 is quicker in straight line, and has a higher leading speed, nevertheless the ZL1 is the much better monitor car. The interiors of each cars tend to be fairly comparable, the Camaro's styling limits the driver's visibility though.

• 8 years ago

The Camaro V6 is arguably better than the Mustang V6, the Shelby GT500 is generally ranked slightly better than the ZL1. In general, Mustangs will be lighter than their Camaro counterpart, meaning that they are pretty nimble, but the Mustang is limited by having a live rear axle rather than the Camaro's fully independent setup. In terms of the ZL1 and Shelby, Motor Trend testing seems to indicate that one can drive the ZL1 more confidently around the track, thanks to magnetic suspension and better brakes than the GT500, which began to fade after 2 laps at Laguna Seca. Their bottom line was, and I paraphrase, the ZL1 is the car to buy if you want to drive often, the GT500 is the car to buy if you want to go 200mph. I've always been a Chevrolet guy, so at this point I'll lean towards the Camaro, but the next generations of both cars are due to be released soon, and both will have improvements. The Camaro is slated to get lighter, and there has been a Mustang test mule with independent suspension. Check back in a couple years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Right now for 2014 ford is beasting in power. But chevy has better handling. And the ford will see the shop more than a chevy

Source(s): Common sense
  • 8 years ago

In a straight line, the Mustang will always win cause it's lighter. But around the track the Camaro can walk away from all the modern pony cars.

Source(s): I own a '12 ZL1 with a Hennessey Performance Package and my buddy has a '10 Shelby GT with about 30k in performance mods.
  • 7 years ago

Ford Mustang. Ford has more experience building a sports car than Chevy ever will.

• 8 years ago

Ford all the way the Camaro is heavy takes more power to get up and go. The Mustang is light weight and strong.

• C7S
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Overall. Camaro.

Most space, best handling, best steering feel, better in all weather, more practical with a larger trunk and rear seat space.

• 8 years ago

Depends on whether you're you're a Ford guy or a Chevy guy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.