What is the difference between true belief and religious belief?

Favorite Answer

Jesus says you shall 'know' the truth and the truth will set you free. So true belief is actual knowledge. Religious belief is mostly faith.

• Snake

I'm not sure how you're defining "true belief" and "religious belief" but I'll give my definitions and answer:

-true belief: I would define 'true belief' as a person's acceptance of a concept or idea to an extremely high degree.

-religious belief: Similarly to 'true belief,' religious belief is a person's acceptance of a concept or idea to a high degree. However, the difference is that religious belief is likely to have been passed from one person to another. It's more specific. It may also include a ritualistic element by which the person actively practices this belief in some manner in unison with others.

I don't know if that helps any... but there you go...

The definitions of the word 'belief' are:

▸ noun: any cognitive content held as true

▸ noun: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed

So,

'True belief' is when a person truly believes whatever it is that they believe.

'Religious belief' is when a belief is related to religion, rather than something else.

IF what you meant to ask a comparison of was between 'true TEACHINGS' & 'religious TEACHINGS', you need to re-post & reword your Question.

True belief is based on real evidence. For example, I believe that the earth orbits the sun because that's what the evidence points to. Most religious belief has no real evidence and that's what defines the word faith.

• Power

You feel true belief. It could be seeing a performance. I am watching the American Idol show & they just had someone sing a song that must have been felt through every fiber of the audiences being. When you experience that everything is perfect in life.

I think that can be a spiritual exerience. Religion has to do with some fat cat screwing people over.

True belief - One that's internalized from something concrete, and that which any person is comfortable with adhering to....

Religious belief - One that's 'pushed' on to you from scriptures or dictated by the religious leaders, with a great deal of 'conditions apply' (negative consequences) thrown in for the 'nonbelievers'........

I think true belief is how you feel about your spirituality, no one can tell you you're wrong about how u feel....religious belief is more of something that has been built and man made.....personally i would rather rely on my personal belief than religion any day

Source(s): My own thoughts