What programming language should I learn for developing mobile apps?

Hi,

I want to start teaching myself some programming, but I don't know where to start. I know C and C++ would be a good starting point for computer software programming, but what about iOS and Android apps? What programming languages do they use?

Thanks

Bonus:

If you know of any free (or very affordable) tutorial materials related to whichever programming languages I need, please let me know!

Best Answer

Objective C for iOS (Apple), or Java for Android.

Programming for graphics in any form is not how to start, unless you're brilliant...in which case you don't need advice here. Don't even think about iOS unless you have a Mac to develop on, either. You can use just about anything to develop for Android, since Java and Eclipse (the two primary tools) both run on every desktop platform.

Java is not a bad starter language. Objective C is a superset of C, so you might want to learn some basic C first, if you pick that direction. Whichever way you go, the best start is to learn the simplest input/output model first: the console/terminal/command-prompt interface, and then add complexity later.

There is a lot more accessible material available for Java. A Java-based started book like Head First Java or Java for Dummies isn't a bad start. After that, you can work through the Java Tutorial pages at Oracle's website for free and get familiar with one of the integrated development environments. Eclipse is a free, open-source IDE for Java and more, originally developed by IBM. That's the preferred IDE for Android development.

With Objective C, you'll use Xcode. The latest version requires a paid developer account (I think it was around US$100/year, but don't quote me.) Any Mac user can get a free Apple ID, though, and that's all that's needed to download older versions. I don't know what to recommend to a new programmer for Objective C, though. Maybe someone else has piped up since I started this message. (It was before dinner, and I'm just getting back to it.)

You need to learn from the basics of C language and then raise your level of developing mobile apps through iphone/ipad/android software development tutorials. it is going to be a ling procedure as you are starting from the scratch.

one of the alternative way to develop a Mobile app is to use Online Application portals:

I will suggest you Apphinge-- https://apphinge.com/

you don't need to learn any programming language. you can simply develop a mobile app within few clicks.

• Maus

Android uses Java, and iOS uses Objective C. Here is the website for Android development: developer.android.com. It has a bunch of tutorials on design as well as development of apps, and it has the tools you need to download in order to develop. I'm sure there's a similar site for iOS as well.

A Japanese Zen Backyard is a backyard that utilities simplicity and numerous theories of ‘cause and effect‘ , employed to increase rest and tranquility. Zen Gardening is a fantastic way to get involved in the backyard and still really feel relaxed , stress totally free and closer to nature. If you are interested in make one for you then the best spot to find out how is this https://tr.im/X6tIe , Ideas 4 Landscaping guidebook.

Ideas 4 Landscaping will conserve you income and give you the choices that you would otherwise not uncover. With his database , you'll actually be ready to make the "dream residence" landscape you've constantly needed to have.

I would say java and C/C++. Java is used in the android development You can use C but that is more complicated. It is also compatible with C# or was it C++. I forgot. Anyways iOS is also compatible with C/C++

Source(s): Me, the 13 year old programmer

Hey there,

My favourite photo retouching software is GIMP. A good free alternative to photoshop. Free download here http://j.mp/1zbmP4r

It's the best choice.

I hope it helps

I smell an app market bubble coming, invest now, but get out in time

If you want to develop apps for ios then i would use xcode.

Source(s): knowledge