Les Miserables vs. Zero Dark Thirty?

Which is more overall entertaining?

Best Answer

Zero Dark Thirty - to me, not even close.

Despite knowing (more or less) how it will all end. . . that movie was tense. Tight. And Jessica Chastain was very, very good (I felt she should have won the Oscar over Jennifer Lawrence, though I liked her performance too).

Les Miz? Meh. Unless you're a super-duper fan of the show (which I take it you are not, if you didn't run right out to see the movie), it was. . . so-so. Really underwhelming, to me.

Zero Dark Thirty, though - that was great. Enjoy (sort of, given the subject matter! :) )

Les Miserables :)

Definitely Les Miserables. It has everything you could possibly be interested in--comedy, romance, action, tragedy, and yes, plenty of singing. The story is so much more than that, though. It's a study of society and poverty and revolution and the human race, and it's scarily relevant to today. Plus, Wolverine and Gladiator and Catwoman.

• RBT

Les Miserables for sure.

• Zero Dark Thirty is an epic film.

I do not honestly understand anyone who says Les Miserables was NOT one of the best films they ever saw. It was freaking BRILLIANT.-

The people whining about Russell Crowe's singing.............MISS the entire POINT---------

it was Russell Crowe.............SINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That he even ATTEMPTED it............was impressive!

No, he does not compare to Broadway trained singers..............because He's NOT a Broadway trained singer! A DUH!!!!!! That was the whole POINT!

There were ACTORS.......who took on very demanding SINGING roles........and did them BRILLIANTLY............all *while* acting their azzes off...........among staggering CGI effects........

and all against the timeless backdrop of a CLASSIC piece of literature.

The movie was just BRILLIANT and EXPERTLY done,. all around.