Do you still believe that fairy tale by bankers and financiers that your well-being depends on theirs?

Update:

And did the banks suffer as a result of the crisis?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to listen to the Bankers. Look what happened when the Banking sector blew up and had to be bailed out. I hope you didn't lose your house or job. If the private sector is the engine for the economy them the banking sector is all the fluids (including gas) and the mechanics. Where do you think the corporations get their money? What do you think happens when the stock market corrects?

Everything negative with the Banking and Finance Industry will negatively effect the citizens. If the Finance Industry is prosperous then usually businesses are hiring and people get jobs and the economy is good.

Source(s): Former Stock Broker, Degree in Business.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Fairy tale? I've seen it. Maybe if things had gone differently in the US a few years ago, we could have learned to live without such dependence on them, but they didn't. Many companies went out of business--not from lack of customers, but from being overextended at the wrong time, unable to secure loans to get by like they often do, and being forced out of business because they were unprepared for the economy to take a nosedive and for their available credit to be gone before they could figure out another way to pay the bills while waiting to get paid themselves.

• 7 years ago

I'm sure the Retardicans do. They keep voting to give them tax breaks, saying 'it's not fair' for them t pay more taxes than the rest of us. eye roll

@ bad things happen, I see what you're saying but the point is, we would have been just fine with banks that had NOT lied to us. Our well-being does not exclusively depend on them. When America was young, they would have been hung, quartered, shot or tar and feathered...something. They would have had to pay for their crimes. Not have a bunch of morons support them, saying they have to have their excess...that's the way big business works and that they're our messiah (much like the English did with their monarchies in the middle ages)

• 7 years ago

No their fairy dust does nothing for me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.