I bought some thing in canada and it was shipped canadian post to usa?

I bought an vhf radio from a company in canada and it was shipped into the united states to ussfoa and i'm thinking this mite not show up here this is looking like i lost money and mite have to contact the company i bought it from. they said 4 to 10 days.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • C.M. C
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Grrsctt5, how can we possibly answer you, if you do not tell us when you purchased this VHF radio? There can be many reasons. One reason could also be, that the shipper may have taken two or three days to get the package to Canada Post.

Onother reason is, that Canada Post or United States Postal service, can not be held liable for delays, if Customs have pulled it for inspection, and took some time to do it. You have to think, how many items go through their department.

If you feel you should contact the shipper, than please do so.

• Randy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You need to keep in mind it goes Canada Post only as far as the border. After that its with US Customswhere it could sit for as long asthey wantit to and then it will go on to you either through USPS or some courier service depending on the shipping instructions and agreements. Oh, and dont forget about any import duties and brokerage fees your govt may charge too. Could take longer then the time estimated just because of those outside factors.

• 8 years ago

That 4 to 10 days was purely an estimate, nothing more.

Canada Post (or whoever told you that number) can't guarantee a delivery date, because the radio is being shipped across an international border. The package has to clear US customs, and that takes as long as it takes. Then it gets handed over to USPS, and they take as long as they take to get it to your door.

• 8 years ago

Your parcel if first delivered to a US Customs Inspection office.

After inspection it is turned over tp USPS and delivered by your regular mail man either on foot or by truck.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/122/s...

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/imm/immc7.pdf

A 4 to 10 days(business days) DO NOT count weekends. will see most packages reach their destination. Two weeks would be normal if you or the shipper are in small towns.

Remember your order does not start to ship the minute you order it.

If you have a tracking number you first check Canada Post tracking to the border and then USPS tracking from the border to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Ask for tracking num

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.