Studying in the United Kingdom?

I'm a New Zealander who's interested in studying in the UK (Queen Mary Uni London). I'm a UK citizen through descent (mum and dad both English). Am I able to enroll as a British student and am I eligible for a student loan in the UK or do I have to enroll as an international student.

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I have a feeling that you have to have been resident in the UK for a qualifying period, as opposed to just holding citizenship. I have friends in NZ and I understand why Kiwis feel bitter about the privileged treatment given to EU citizens in many ways while the Commonwealth has been dumped, but that's the way it is I'm afraid. You need to check with the student loans company direct because the rules and regs are very complex and lots of people get caught out. Their website is Wade your way through the FAQs on Applying and there is a section on eligibility.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    You will have to enrol as an International student, and pay International fees........... you don't live in the UK so are not eligible for any UK student based support........... you or your parents have not lived/worked or paid into the UK system and would need to be resident in the UK for 3 years doing so before you could.....................

  • 8 years ago

    This is something I think you need to ask the actual university

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.