What is the average salary of a technical assistant or a field technician in an engineering firm?

Hello folks,

I have an interview tomorrow with an engineering firm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The title of the position I will be interviewing for is technical assistant/ field technician. Honestly, I really don't care how much they pay me. What I am really hoping to get from working for them is the experience. I want to learn and become a more competent environmental specialist in the future. Money is at the bottom of my list. However, I know I will likely be asked to give them a salary range. This is one of the toughest question for me. If I say 35000 to 45000, would that be a good range for a technical assistant/ field technician in Edmonton, Alberta?

Thank you in advance!!

Favorite Answer

IMPOSSIBLE to say without knowing anything about the job, employer, or job requirements.

i think of all engineering salaries are rather comparable once you're speaking with regard to the comparable point of artwork and experience....that's kinda common, or extremely above common. Engineers do no longer do it to get wealthy. i think of the misunderstanding is that engineers are ok paid. they don't seem to be. till you invent something, start up your individual employer, or proceed alongside the academic path and earn a masters or Ph.D. you will no longer strike it wealthy being an engineer. once you're in it for the money, get an engineering degree, then an MBA and initiate up a employer.