How to convert cm^2 to meter?

I need help to convert cm^2 to meters and vice versa . Please i really need help to calculate pressure which is F/A in which A is area that is supposed to be in m. Correct me if im wrong but 10Newton really is 1kg right?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Admire
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

cm^2 is the unit of Area whereas m is the unit of length. So one can't be converted to the other because they are different quantities.

However cm to m, you divide by 100 e.g 200cm = 2m

cm^2 to m^2, you divide by 100 twice e.g 200cm^2 = 200/100/100=0.02m^2

The standard unit of area is m^2 and not m

10Newton is equivalent to 1kg after multiplying acceleration due to gravity g=10ms^-2 by 1kg

• Mez
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Pressure = Force per unit area = F/A

area has dimensions of m x m = m^2

Also, Force (N) = mass (kg) x acceleration (m/s^2)

So, Pressure (Pascals) = mass (kg) x acceleration (m/s^2) / Area (m^2)..............(1)

So, the units for pressure are Pascals = kg / (m x s^2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_conversions

So, you actually need to convert the area in cm^2 into m^2 first. 1m^2 = 10000cm^2

The use a value of 9.8 m/s^2 for the acceleration due to gravity, and include the mass in equation (1) above and you should be able to get the right answer.

Source(s): me
  • 8 years ago

No, you need help to convert cm² to m² !

{You are going to get a lot of indignant answers saying "A metre is a measure of length, not area!!!" }

There are 100 cm in a metre.

{You also need to learn about the metric prefixes. There are quite a lot of them. c stands for 'centi' meaning a hundredth. }

Anyway. Imagine a huge sheet of graph paper 100 cm by 100 cm. That's one metre by 1 metre or 1 m² How many centimetre squares does it contain? 100 * 100 = 10000. Yes?

So to convert cm² to m² you need to divide by 10000.

{More outrage on the way :-) 10 N is the gravitational weight force due to a mass of 1 kg. (A better approximation is 9.81 N, but 10 N is considered near enough for 'educational purposes'. }

• 8 years ago

presuming ur trying to convert cm^2 to m^2

1 cm^2 = 0.0001 m^2

1 m^2 = 10,000 cm^2

cm^2 to m^2 => divide by 10000

m^2 to cm^2 -> multiply by 10000

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

10,000 cm^2 = 1 m^2

1 kg x 9.81 (acceleration due to gravity) = 9.81 Newtons

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.