Is my new clutch done?

Ok so i got an exeddy clutch installed with a new flywheel and bbp pressure plate and then started the pain staking task of breaking it in but at 100km there was an emergency and I was accelaerating havily. Now im worried I might have done too much damage and my clutch is done. the reason I think this is because I went to pass someone in 5th gear and when I accelerated heavily the rpm went 500 rpm high and then the clutch got grip leading me to believe it was slipping for a second. Am I too late to break in my clutch of can I just go longer with very slow clutch engagement to try and break in the clutch?

Favorite Answer

Yes you need to just go longer with very slow clutch engagement to try and break in the clutch, and don't rest your foot on the clutch either,I just threw that in because we all are guilty of that sometimes.,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stop thinking about it, the only thing that matters after you replace a clutch is the amount of pedal free play. Not enough and the clutch may slip and the release bearing will wear, too much and you'll grind between shifts.

• breaking in a clutch only wears them out. you may have glazed it or fried it. the bad news is that you may be going back in to do it all again.

New clutchs don't require any "breakin" period. You don't give enough information for me to go further with it.