Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 years ago

Do you think that YOLO is an annoying and overused phrase and why?

I'm using the answers from this to have some opinions from different people in my rant. The rant is for a school project.

Favorite Answer

Personally, yes. It is over used, annoying and my opinion is it shouldn't be used at all. Its a given that we only live once, so why say it to justify your stupidity. Example: getting wasted and jumping off a balcony into a pool, YOLO? no, stupid. Just because we only live once doesn't mean we should do stupid crap to put or lives in danger. but it is used, and I'm pretty sure it is supposed to mean live your life to the fullest, not be dumb.

YES! yolo is very annoying and overused! people only use that phrase as an excuse to do whatever the hell they want. "lets go shoot some drugs and f*ck all the bitches at the club! YOLO".

I dont think it is the most overused phrase. It was a phase, and a phrase but it only lasted for so long.

Source(s): LOL is much more popular.

Yes it is, the only place you can use 'yolo' is when you say 'you only live once' the song by Suicide silence(rip Mitch<3) and its got really annoying with everyone saying it.

Yeah, people tend to use it in the wrong context, like "YOLO, lets get drunk, smoke weed and take more drugs!" It's like, no. Just no. NO!! Urgh, seriously annoying!!!!!

yes it is, i even met a girl who said drake created that phrase when it's been around for years, he only created the acronym, i have a song called you only live once created in 2006

I think it's "carpe diem for stupid people." It's not only overused, but people are using it as an excuse to do really stupid crap.

well yes it is because everyone uses it when someone says itnto me i say once is enough

i dont like it because its dumb

yes that **** is annoying af,