What is better: Windows 7 or windows 8?

I want to buy a laptop but I dont know if I should use windows 7 or 8

Favorite Answer

Either will work well. Due to improvements in Windows 8 a new laptop might last longer on battery life. I read one article where a laptop got a whole hour longer on the battery after switching to 8.

http://www.zdnet.com/windows-8-the-road-to-rtm-700...

Windows 8 will run all your Windows 7 programs and stuff so there's really no reason to avoid it. Even if you don't like the start screen you can always drop in a free start menu and make it like Windows 7.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-softwar...

8 is just as stable as 7. Anyone who says anything to the contrary simply hasn't used Windows 8 so their opinion is pretty useless.

And no, Windows 8 isn't mostly for mobile applications. Again, another myth from someone who doesn't use Windows 8.

http://postimg.org/image/5hd4o4vdz/full/

Look, there's a web browser, Photoshop, and File Explorer. All running on Windows 8. Amazing! Fully functional desktop programs! Seriously, the start screen is just there for launching programs and search but the desktop is still what you'll see and use most in Windows 8.

- Dominic

I have had every OS and I think windows 8 is amazing. Just to let you know there is a new OS coming out very soon and im not sure if its an update but I think if you have windows 8 you can get it free. Its called windows blue and it looks amazing. I would search that before you choose because if you are getting windows 8 you will probably get that later in an update

Absolutely windows 7.

Source(s): Computer Technician

Depends what you are going to use it for.

Windows 7 is more practical and Windows 8 is more for mobile applications, like for tablets.

Source(s): Experience
  • soo

I purely have been given pc with residing house windows 8. i admire residing house windows 8 greater constructive. Many little advancements. yet as quickly as I had already residing house windows 7, i does not pay for improve using fact nonetheless variations are small. in case you like initiate menu, you may get disillusioned with residing house windows 8. It have for me extraordinary fullscreen menu. yet you may get carry of loose option menus, so as that may not something to stress approximately. residing house windows 8 is marketed as rapid or speedier than residing house windows 7. undesirable issues approximately windows8: If youre used to reinstalling residing house windows usually, you ought to run out of activations rapid. it style of feels have lots greater stright obstacles.

Windows7 by far the best. Winsows 8 is good for tablets. But for laptop use 7.

Source(s): Line of work

windows 7 cuz of stability and windows 8 still has some kinks to work out

I have used both, and i love windows 8. I just us e the desktop and the improvemnts to it are amazing.