Is one way of telling a story more true than the other?

This question is kind of confusing which I do not get at all. It's for my religion class and it's asking me for my reflection if "one way of telling a story more true than the other?" What does that even mean and how is that related to Jesus' death?! I don't get this?! Help please!

• Cosmos
    Favorite Answer

"More true" makes no sense

• ?

Each story is told from the perspective of the storyteller and each storyteller will think their version is the correct one, but may not necessarily be the truth.

One person may tell the actual truth, a second person may tell what they believe to be the truth (even though it is not actual truth). Ergo, the second person has not told a lie, they are simply wrong.

So to answer your question directly, yes and no. A story can be actual truth or a belief of the truth (which may be actually incorrect). It depends on the perspective of the storyteller and the listener.

• The way with the fewest lies and exaggerations is more true than the others.

If one version is a total lie then yeah.