Who's on our side if North Korea strikes?

My main concern is Russia and China. I know North Korea has an army big enough to pose a real threat, but China has an army of 1 million strong.

Who makes up the United Nations? Who's on America's side if North Korea strikes? If a war does indeed develop, who can we look towards helping out which countries? Will China protect N-Korea? What do you think Russia's stance is?

Thanks!

• Exco
    Favorite Answer

"Who makes up the United Nations"? You know China is a permanent member of the UN Security Council, the same as the US, UK, France and Russia, with power to veto any SC sanctions?

But China didn't veto, they in fact voted in favour of sanctions against NK.

It's common sense China would prefer better relations with economic partners like South Korea and America, where cooperation results in mutual benefits. North Korea is a rogue state that has potentially damaging effect on China's relations.

I don't know if American media is going on a "doomsday" rant everyday, or that's just typical American paranoia to see every other country as an enemy, but war won't come unless you bring it.

And if I'm not mistaken, America is starting more than its fair share of wars in modern history, America is the world's biggest arms dealer, military, with outposts all over the world, and the most advanced weaponry.

Seeing it this way America is the most militant country on Earth right now, and with the fiasco at Iraq and bombing of civilians in Afghanistan, you'll understand why I think American attitudes are rather hypocritical.

Almost anyone except Iran.