Thesis Statement: Persecution of the Jews Essay?

I need help or ideas in creating a thesis statement and introductory paragraph for my history 12 class. It is a 2000 word essay on the Persecution of the Jews. This is what I have:

The Persecution of the Jewish people in Hitler’s attempt to create a universal Nazi society free of ‘racial impurities’, is known to be one of the most horrific crimes against humanity in recorded history.

I need more information to catch the readers eye. Normally I have no problem creating an introductory paragraph but for some reason I am having troubles with this one.

Thank you

• Kevin7
    Favorite Answer

Jews are unfairly blamed for the death of Jesus,the Jews did not kill Jesus it was the Roman high officials.The Nazis persecution of the Jews was based on a false concept of race,they killed Jews that became Christians and Christians with one Jewish grandparent or more..Anti-Jewish writer Wilhelm Marr created the term antisemitism in 19 th century as a more extreme term for anti-Jewish, he ONLY meant Jews not Arabs or other Semites.The term antisemitism has become a part of the Jewish experience