Did anyone have trouble using "one hour delivery"?

So my friend bought a puppy from a lady in Calgary, Alberta , Canada. He lives in Newfoundland, Canada. So the deal was she had the pup up for adoption and he had to pay transportation. So that was fine and it was all confirmed that he had payed the courier directy. Once the pup arrived in Quebec, they started slapping on extra charges for a special kennel? And also vaccination charges which were an extra $1000!!!!!!! This sounds like a huge scam to me, vaccinations are usually only about $100 and this kennel is apparently $800. Also I find it EXTREMELY stupid that she used this "one hour delivery" company considering its based in the United States? Has anyone ever heard anything about this company or have personal experience?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am the Office Manager of One Hour Delivery Service in the San Francisco Bay Area. We do not transport animals and have never transported any animals. Please be warned this is a scam and we have nothing to do with anyone claiming to work for animal sales or animal transportation. If you are not sure whether or not you are dealing with One Hour Delivery Service please call us at (US-001) 925-947-1100. Our website is www.onehour.net

Source(s): www.onehour.net
  • 8 years ago

This is a scam. There might be a legitimate company by that name but that is NOT who is contacting your friend. She is dealing with a scammer using a legitimate company name

NO pet can be shipped UNLESS they have already been vaccinated and have certificates. The seller is required BY LAW to have the pet vaccinated before they can ship it

There is ALSO no charge for a kennel. Pet shipping charges include the crate - that's included in the original delivery charge

The REAL One Hour Delivery is a courier company in San Francisco. They DO NOT operate in Canada and DO NOT ship pets http://www.onehour.net/

I can guarantee if your friend calls the REAL One Hour Delivery they will verify that they are NOT in contact with her, they do not ship pets, they do not have operations in Newfoundland and that a scammer has been using their name to run a scam

Your friend needs to file a police report and not send any more money

You NEVER get a pet unless you can pick it up in person from the breeder and get copies of the health certificate and vaccination records IN PERSON

• Greg
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

What They do is hire a Person that does flying on commercial planes to take and go get things over night and return. Some one had to pay for two first place seats to take a registered service dog on a pain and they charge for and first place set for the DOG and The delivery person faking he's blind. and he also has some drinks along the way so there you have it costs add up. Woof

• 8 years ago

yes i have had the same thing happen to me i was told they needed money for the kennel and now today saying they want 1500 for vaciens.do you think the sender is in on it as well.what should i do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.