Motor Vehicle law against children starting cars by themself?

Is there any law that can prevent a 5 year old from going out and starting a vehicle by them self?

I am looking for a specific law, not just that it is child endangerment.

If there is, is there any difference in the law between starting a vehicle in a driveway as opposed to a public parking lot or on the street? and at what ages does the law apply to (up to 10,12, or 14 years old etc.?

I need to know what the law is specifically, do you know a code number for the law or the legal name of the law, I have friends who do this and they are convinced that there is no actual law to stop them, I need to prove them wrong before they will stop.

Favorite Answer

No it's not against the law and not child endangerment, no license is required unless driving on public road ways. In the driveway no problem. But if you believe it's unsafe for a child to do such a thing you have the right to notify the proper authorities. But mind your own business and stop trying to cause problems.

I think its mainly in case law. The child is in control of a vehicle. In Australia, you can be charged for being drunk with your keys in your pocket, even though your car is down the road, because you are in control of the vehicle.

There is no such law, and you need to mind your own business. Seriously.