Can you bring this on an airplane?

My brother wants to know if you can bring dried bananas on an airplane... We are going from Toronto to Miami if that helps..

Favorite Answer

I bring food all the time on airplanes. That is perfectly OK.

On international flights, fruits, vegetables and meat products can usually be taken on board provided that you eat them all before you land, or are willing to throw away whatever remains when you get off the plane.

The problem is that any of that type of thing can contain pests and no country wants to have foreign plant or animals pests or microscopic bacteria brought in.

Dried bananas would seem to be less of a risk for problems, but I really have no idea.

In Toronto, you will go through US immigration and customs before you get on board the plane, so if you have to give up the dried bananas, it will be before you even get on, because the Customs people will probably ask if you have any fruits/vegetables etc.

It might work. It might not.

Sometimes you're allowed to bring food onto flights but because bananas are a fruit there may be problems, especially since you're flying from Toronto to Miami, which is an international flight. Most likely, if there is a problem in Toronto they'll just ask you to take out the dried bananas when you're going through the metal detector. When I'm not sure if I can bring food on a plane, I bring it anyways and then just ask before going through the metal detector. Nothing bad will happen and if anything all you do is throw it out, plus the workers in Toronto are really nice. I'd rather buy some food past the metal detectors to take onto the plane with me because those foods are okay, then just make sure to eat them before going through security in Miami.

Apples