Why does everyone hate the term YOLO?

You Only Live Once. It's true though. I do somewhat understand that some people use that as an excuse to be stupid. But what about the people who use the term to express following your dreams, doing good for the world, or even expressing your feelings for someone? What are your opinions?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's one thing to be stupid and waste your life. That's what comes to mind for most people when they say YOLO. But using your life to do good things that benefit you and others and follow yours dreams is another. It's hard to say, but most people out there are idiots. They waste their ONLY chance (notice how I emphasize 'only', because it is their only chance) to live the life they wanna live. And expressing your feelings to someone is the same as doing good for you and that other person. I mean, who knows what the future tells between you two. You'll never find out if you don't try. Right? And just remember, there's no next time. It's now, or never.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It seems to contradict the propaganda from the religious right! They want you to be happy living in poverty, squalor and ignorance! The idea that you might go out and actually accomplish something in the secular world, seems to be wrong in their eyes. To act out against poverty, and their idea of bible based education, is particularly heinous to them. They are the lackeys of the infamous "1%", and they want to perpetuate their position as the richest people in the history of the world, even if it's at the expense of the rest of society. YOLO is a modern day "carpe diem". A call to secular life, and living life to it's fullest. Not what those people want us to do, is it?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

its actually not true. when you die, you live eternally in heaven or hell depending on whether or not youve accepted Christ. so YOLO is an inaccurate acronym. YOLT you only live twice. ;)

Source(s): the Bible
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.