Is Sword Art Online a Popular Anime?

Is Sword Art Online a popular anime? Like well known? Because there are many people that seem to not know it, and many people who do.. Is it really popular?

Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Yeah. Popular doesn't even begin to describe it. My goodness. Its the #31 most watched series on MAL, which is pretty significant considering there are thousands upon thousands of series listed there and the series has only been out for less than a year.

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopular...

Not the best anime I've ever seen, but its definitely one of the more hyped.

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Sword Art Online Mal

• 7 years ago

Yes It is very popular with in the regular anime watchers not with the people who only watched less the 10 anime. Anyway I didn't liked it. Only first 3 episode was good to me.

• 7 years ago

It is rather popular, but it's also relatively new (it just ended at the end of last year). More hardcore anime fans or people who follow news and new shows are more likely to know about it than more casual fans, but most people who watched it seemed to greatly enjoy it and recommend it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Yes, but I'd say that's more just within the anime fan community. But who knows? The simulcast did very well and they are going to release a dub. So it might very well extend past the anime fan community.

@Cupquake Has it ever occurred to you that the series has a high rating because people like it? Just because you don't like it doesn't make it "sh*t". Everyone has their own opinions and tastes, and there's nothing wrong with that, even if they are different from your own.

• 7 years ago

Its overrated. Don't listen to MAL score. Any website that can give Naruto a 7.73 deserves to go to hell. Naruto is ****. It's pretty popular, but not very mainstream so I guess its popular among the anime community, but not with people in general. But if we went with people in general i guess pokemon and yugioh would be really popular. I'd think I'd hang myself.

• 7 years ago

Yes it's mad popular. I think the concept of people getting sucked into a game really attracts peoples' attention; it caught mine. The art is absolutely amazing too. You should try it.

• 7 years ago

It seems pretty popular to me on the internet - tumblr, for instance - but it's not nearly as popular as, say, Naruto or One Piece.

• 7 years ago

Yes, it is in the top 20 ranking at animecrazy.net

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.