14 Year old travelling alone to Colombia!?

I am 14 and my parents and I want me to go to Colombia and we don't know how I can do it alone? What Airline? And we don't really want to pay for a chaperone.

Visiting Relatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• OC
    Favorite Answer

Hi Matthew,

you will be able to travel to Colombia alone, however, one of your parents have to check you in at the U.S. airport and you parent have to give information to the airline in writing who is going to pick-up you up at the destination airport in Colombia. The airline will release you only to that person upon positive identification. There are a number of airlines that have direct flights from the U.S. to Colombia, but it depends on your airport of departure. You could fly with Avianca, United-Continental or American Airlines.

Have a great time in Colombia.

Source(s): I am from the U.S. and spend a lot of time in Colombia.

Some airlines allow you to travel alone at 12 and some make you wait til 15. United Airlines allows KidsCheck with the airline you want to use. You need a passport and a letter of parental permission.

Source(s): www.familytravelforum.com/how/advice/10545-Required-Documents-For-Travel-With-Minors.html

I always traveled to Colombia (Armenia, Quindio) via Avianca, and we always paid for the flight attendant to chaperone my brother and I. It's $100 but it is the only way a minor can travel without the supervision of an adult.

Source(s): personal experience
  • ?

Colombia isn't the best place to visit alone right now. Are you going to visit relatives? Make sure you take any precautions they suggest. If you're visiting relatives, and one will meet you at the airport, you may be ok to go alone. Double check with the airlines.

I'm pretty sure you can't travel if your 14 you need someone to go with you

Also you could get lost in the airport if its your first time

you may shuttle on my own, yet needless to say certainly one of your mom and dad might could accompany you to the airport..with a mastercard (a minimum of if tickets are offered on line) and that i've got self belief you may have some form of photograph identity. I did while my buds and that i flew to Cali, to coach that i replaced into the main suitable ticketholder.