Can I change by Windows 7 product key?

I have built a 2nd computer and have purchased another copy of OEM Windows 7 HP SP1, which is the same OS used on my current computer. This new computer has superior hardware specs, including the motherboard, so I would like to transfer my SSD with my OS on it to this new one. Since the product key ties to the... show more I have built a 2nd computer and have purchased another copy of OEM Windows 7 HP SP1, which is the same OS used on my current computer. This new computer has superior hardware specs, including the motherboard, so I would like to transfer my SSD with my OS on it to this new one. Since the product key ties to the motherboard, would it be possible to ask Microsoft to temporarily remove my product key from my current motherboard so I can transfer this SSD with my OS on it to the new motherboard, and then switch product keys? Would this keep my files, and registries intact if possible?

We still plan on still keeping this old/current computer and therefore I would be reinstalling the original product key to my original motherboard.