Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ceen; asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

Question on "The General History of Virginia" by John Smith [Please help]?

Do you think that Smith’s account is accurate down to the last detail? Why or why not? Be sure to include what role his intended audience played in how he retold the events. Find examples in which Smith exaggerates or displays subjectivity in recounting the events.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"The General History of Virginia" represents Smith's opinions and are not based on facts. Since Smith was new to the area he only had first-hand observations, but nothing more substantial.

• 5 years ago

We keep in mind The history of the Church a e-book that is excellent to read. It isn't scripture, and it isn't doctrine. The books that i am thinking of as the history of the Church were written by B. H. Roberts, and have been commissioned by means of the Church. I'm not accustomed to the historical past by way of Joseph Smith, although i've noticeable it referenced in lots of Church substances. So far as i know, it is not scripture or doctrine, but a reference booklet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.