Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 7 years ago

Why shouldn't an ugly person be able to wear pretty clothes?

I was at the mall today buying some new clothes. I've lost weight since last summer, so I need newer clothes. I already have some really new pretty clothes and so I was wearing them today, as well as a new hairstyle and make up. I was browsing in the one store and one girl said to her friend: "Ugh ugly girls should never wear clothes like that." and then her friend said "Yeah she should not be wearing that shirt!" and I am very thin, so I thought I could wear anything I wanted. Most nice clothes fit my body well, and it's not a revealing shirt. Like it doesn't show a lot of skin, it's just a pretty shirt that shows I have a nice figure. I ignored them and kept looking at clothes. Then I moved onto the next store which was La Senza, a lingerie store. There were some women in there slightly older (I think those girls were in their early 20s, these ones might have been 30s) and they started making comments about the nasty looking woman looking at pretty panties. Since I was the only one around I knew they were talking about me. Later I went into another store and heard people commenting on my face again. The one girl said "I was going to go over there until I saw that face. God she is hideous. She shouldn't even try. Women like that shouldn't be allowed in these stores." which was really frustrating. I just wanted to be left alone. And then I moved to the final store to get some shorts, and again more comments. A girl actually boldly walked up to me, and told me that there was a Walmart and I should go shopping there instead because if I wore the clothes at Suzy Shier they would go out of style, and Walmart clothes aren't stylish.

I felt like crap. I mean, I know I am ugly and people comment on it but I've never had so much insults in one day. I am starting to think I should just go back to the old clothes I used to wear. I used to wear clothes that were unflattering to my figure and hid my face behind my hair. I didn't really draw much attention then. However, now that I am at the smallest I've weighed in a long time and I am not fat at all, I want to wear nice beautiful clothing. I went into the bathroom just to see if maybe there was something on my face, because wow I felt like crap after all that. It was just store after store of insults all in one day. I still looked the same when I left the salon. I got my hair styled a different way, and I had them wax my eyebrows differently to make my eyes look prettier since my eyes are my best feature. The salon has been wanting to do it for a while, but I was always scared, eyebrows aren't something you want to mess with and I am the most hideous person on the planet as it is. I can admit they can look better than they did.

I know my new makeover didn't make me look gorgeous or even cute, but I think it does flatter me better, especially with new clothes. So I feel like crap even after all my weight loss, a new makeover and everything that people still make fun of me. I mean, since I am not all that pretty, shouldn't I be trying to make myself look better instead of worse?

I mean why shouldn't I be allowed to wear nice clothes if I have the body for it?

Thanks for the answers I wish more people thought this way... but I am curious to know who is down voting everybody's answers?

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry to tell you this, but i find the story to be unbelievable. There are cruel people and almost everyone has gotten an offensive comment, but it is hard to believe that you were treated like that four times in a row. Even if you were that ugly people most people wouldn't dare to make such remarks knowing you're hearing them.

I skimmed through because u wrote a lot. I'm not the best or worst looking but I just chose too wear watever I want I don't care what others say or think of me because I know that I am special and can do what I want because I put my mind to it. So u should forget what others say if u have the clothes don't get rid of them just wear what u want and don't worry about what others say. If u don't try too stand up for yourself now when will u in the future? U can do it. I honestly don't judge someone by their looks but by their hearts.

Source(s): I'm 17 and have been going through similar situations.
    • zorrewe5 years agoReport

I read though it!

Honestly I consider no girl ugly- everybody is beautiful no matter what anybody says!

I make makeup YouTube videos and I made them because of my experience of being made fun of about my looks and wanting to transform myself and showing the world my transformation. But a lot of girls feel insecure about themselves. And they shouldn't be teasing you in the first place!

Anyways, any type of girl can wear any type of clothing they want. Just make sure you like what you're wearing and you're comfortable with what you're wearing. Just be true to you!

Don't even listen to other people. People are stupid and only feel good about themselves by putting others down.

I'm sure you're very beautiful, Melanie is a gorgeous name I've never met an ugly Melanie in my life.

Just be who you are and wear what you want. All that matters is how you feel! Be proud and confident of yourself and nothing can stop you.

And as I said before I can guarantee you're stunning. I'm never wrong about this sort of thing, and I'm not just saying that.

Halfway through your mealtime, stop and drink some water and decide for anyone who is really hungry for the rest or if you are just eating it because it's on your plate.

Skip ordering pizza and make one of these crusts at home: gluten-free special potato crust, a quinoa tulsi crust that's also gluten cost-free, or this low-carb cauliflower crusting.

Wear what you like- these women are hiding their own insecurities behind hateful words. Ignore them and love yourself for exactly who you are.

People who are physically beautiful but ugly on the inside are destined to be miserable.

Find joy in your life in every way you can.

Keep a reusable water bottle on the desk to sip often. Remaining hydrated can satiate hunger and cravings, reduce bloating, and hold you more alert.

Make your own low-fat ice cream using freezing bananas and peanut butter or luscious cherries and chocolate.

Use veggies like carrots or zucchini in place of spaghetti.