Kiwis - could you get married on Tokerau beach?

I'm writing a story, and I've never been there, but can/do people have weddings on Tokerau beach? Is it legal to do that in NZ and is the kind of beach where you might want to have a wedding?

If not, is there another beach anywhere in NZ where you would rather have a wedding?

Thanks!

• A65
    Favorite Answer

You can get married on any public beach in NZ so long as you have an registered celebrant who is prepared to go there. I thought it had to be within daylight hours, but I can't find anything to back that up.

You also need 2 witnesses and a marriage licence which takes at least 3 days to get. See links below for more info.

Note: this legislation is about to change in NZ.

• mcveay

Marrying in New Zealand does not promptly provide u citizenship. U may be conscious for everlasting place of living (PR) on humanitarian grounds nevertheless, and as quickly as u've had PR for 2 or greater years then u may be conscious for citizenship. U do understand that if u substitute right into a NZ citizen u will lose ur US citizenship?

Yeah however i suggest you do it on lonely bay beach: http://www.theweddingcompany.co.nz/images/Coromand...

Yes you can.