joanna_joanna asked in SportsHockey · 7 years ago

How do I get a new nickname to stick?

I'm going from Emma to Colly which is a shortened version of my middle name Colette. How do I get people to start calling me that? Should I introduce myself as Colly to everyone I meet? Should I sign papers with Colly? Should I change my Facebook name?

Best Answer

Next time you play, have some friends in the stands that will start chanting "Colly! Colly!" after you make a big play. And have them do this all the time until the rest of the people in attendance catch on. Once the fans learn to call you Colly, it'll take on a life of its own.

(I assume this is a hockey nickname you're trying to get to catch on, because otherwise I have no idea why you thought hockey was a good section for this question.)

Yahoo really needs to remodel their section suggestions....

Wear cauliflower on your boobs and every guy will know you as Colly cause they'll only see your ****.

How does this pertain to Hockey?

nice photo

i know a guy who is madly in love with erin hawksworth!

maybe he can date you!

Source(s): ME