What is the memorial of the holocaust/Mémorial de la shoah ?

I am doing a project for my France trip and its on the memorial of the holocaust. But, I don't really know what it is. Can someone please help me ?!?

• Favorite Answer

The Holocaust* Memorial (Shoah Memorial), which was opened to the public in January 27, 2005, is the largest research, information and awareness-raising centre in Europe presenting the history of the genocide of the Jews during the Second World War.

Located in Paris in the heart of the historical Marais district, this museum, documentation centre and place of remembrance occupies a total surface of close to 5,000 m2. The exhibitions, an exceptional set of archives and many activities contribute to a better understanding of this period of history, to transmit this knowledge to future generations and to fight against the return of all forms of intolerance.

* The word “Holocaust” is commonly used in Anglo-Saxon countries, whereas the Hebrew word “Shoah” which means “catastrophe” is used in France.