Did you know Richard Dawkins admitted there is a strong case to be made for a God?

He admitted it in his debate with John Lennox. After John Lennox destroyed him, Dawkins had no choice.

@Hakuna, I said a God, not the theist God. Apparently you have problems with reading comprehension.

Destroyed can be used to reflect the result of any competition, including debate. The fact that you don't recognize that, shows you have minimum understanding of the English language.

Favorite Answer

Yes he did. And Atheist really like to quote him until he makes a statement like that. Then it is so what doesn't mean anything! A genius until he says something that doesn't support their point of view.

Even if Richard Dawkins said there wasn't a chance for God, I wouldn't believe him. I don't look up to most people.

There is a guy who uses this site but has been away for around 5 months now. His IQ was so high it was hard to measure it. It was higher than Einsteins.

He started out Fundamentalist then became atheist. He started questioning that and became Bahai. But he was still searching and exploring the Jehovah's Witnesses (of which I am.)

Mere human intelligence doesn't give one all of life's answers. Some of the things that are considered truths are just conjectures or sophisms.

You should follow the example of my friend and keep an open mind and never give up searching beyond your present beliefs.

I didn't click the link, I never do, but assuming what is in the video is as you state, so what?

I have heard of Dawkins, and I assume he is a science writer and an atheist. But he's not the atheist Pope or anything, we don't have a governing board of atheists.

The only thing you need to do to join our Secret Atheist Club is look over what compelling verifiable evidence for deities there is. Well, that and the lengthy, painful scarification ritual. And eating the flesh of a pig sacrificed on an alter decorated with the Periodic Table of the Elements.

(Oops, shouldn't have included those last two sentences, now our secret rituals are out!)

God is man made :-)

Why do you not say creator or even creators & which god are you talking about for their have been many male deities in the world?

If Richard Dawkins did say that it would mean he is a deist or agnostic.

I am without theism ( a belief in a deity) as in Atheist because all the gods spoken of by all people so far in human history is full of such delusionary stories not based on evidence other than the male human ego talking or writing about itself projected in fables & legends with the female pandering after....

The very fact that you used the word "destroyed" to describe a debate strongly indicates that you have the mentality of a 13 year old, which pretty makes everything you write a waste of my time.

Oh, and hey, you confirmed this by linking to some idiot on a YouTube video.

• Snake

I'm an atheist and I will openly say: God May Exist. It's theoretically possible, but then again, so can Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. To say that these entities DO NOT exist without sufficient evidence, is intellecually assumptive and ultimately dishonest.

But until there's evidence to believe in any of these things, there's no reason to believe that they do.

The war of words doesn't have different camps. Words come from human beings, and a person who is a diplomatic sort of person WILL say what is valuable shouldn't be thrown out with the useless, and say it in a way without hurting people: acknowledge and understand their stance.

While people without diplomacy or consideration simply accuse others without a second thought, and that's how bad blood starts.

You shouldn't trust a youtube video from shock and awe, and especially one where the comments have been disabled..I have watched the full debate before and Dawkins said, if we lived in a time when scientific knowledge was still in it's infancy, there would be a strong case for gawd...Why don't you watch the full video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0UIbd0eLxw

Youtube thumbnail

a deistic god he says. I don't expect you to have any listening skills though. Plus I'm pretty sure Richard Dawkins isn't my spokesperson. go read a dictionary

addition: no I don't, But you're jumping to conclusions anyways. And most atheists don't make a positive claim that there are no gods, most say there is a lack of empirical evidence for any.

Yet not strong enough for most scientists to believe, apparently.

I didn't watch, but I take it that's either another one of the many creatively edited videos of Dawkins or you're completely misrepresenting what he says.

• l

Yeah, so? What does this prove? Anything?

Nice to take things out of context too, isn't it? Does he say Christianity, or Islam, or Hinduism is the "correct" religion? Or does he admit that one cannot truly know if there is a supernatural creator?

Weak.