Is there any evidence suggesting Joseph Smith was a prophet?

I'm curious to see why Mormons believe he is a prophet.

@PhotonX, Yeah I saw the South Park episode this morning. I thought maybe South Park was just engaging in some hyperbole.

Favorite Answer

No, and if one looks at it carefully, there are some striking similarities to Muhammad in how they supposedly were divinely inspired.

I am glad that you are interested in my Religion. I think when going into a Religion evidence like scientific evidence does not work. Look at what he taught and what he teached." Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." (Matthew 7:20| KJV). But what I think it is important when wondering if Joseph Smith is a prophet is what do you feel when you learn about him. I know this man was a prophet. I know that a man with a 5th grade education could not make such an amazing book as the Book of Mormon. I know that he is not perfect. I know that there are allot of things on the internet that defame him and say horrible things. But I just know that they are not true because of what I feel. This is what we call the spirit. It is a testament of what is true. I know I feel that when I learn of Joseph Smith.

http://mormon.org/joseph-smith

Source(s): Mormon (Christian)

Well, sure! He found some golden plates and some magic rocks that let him read the ancient writing on the plates. If that's not evidence, what is? Plus, one of his neighbors saw Smith reading the plates that were hidden inside of his hat, so there's more evidence, right? Plus Smith says an angel came to visit him. Unfortunately the angel took the plates and magic rocks away, but we can take Smith's word for it because he has an honest face.

.

The South Park episode explains this lunacy.

.

Not one tiny little bit. Nada.

Beats me. LDS makes even less sense than Christianity.

No, and actually there is lots of evidence to show that he was a fraud.

NO. He was a liar and a conman.

http://www.exmormon.org/tract2.htm

• Ray H

Not that I know of.

No