Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 years ago

can Mass Effect run on windows 8?

hey. i got a new PC not to long ago with windows 8, and i am excited to use its superior specs to run more modern games. this includes the mass effect series, 1 to 3. I've seen various posts on different forums suggesting mass effect has problems running on windows 7 and 8, but it never is conclusive. so, definitely, does mass effect have issues running on windows 8? should i not even bother buying the series?

• Fred
    Favorite Answer

I have absolutely no problems running any of the ME games on Windows 7 and I think it should be the same for Windows 8. Keep in mind that to run Mass Effect 1 on either W7 or W8, you need the latest patch. The game simply won't run without it.

Yes, but possibly with some stability issues as it is not optimized for windows 8

• ?

It should be fine. Proving your computer has the specs and up to date drivers, it'll most likely work without issue.

i think so