Why are mothers so important in Islam...?

Salam aleykum, I wanted to know why are mothers so important and have a higher status. I dont understand the reasoning behind it, everybody tells me its because the mother feeds the baby, nurtures him, takes care of him, and things like that... but to me its just normal stuff we humans (females) have to do in order to bring up a good child, i dont see it as something out of the extraordinary or whatever. Or they say that shes important because she carried the baby for 9 months and suffered... but i mean if she wanted to have kids she already knew in advance she was going to suffer while giving birth... thats how Allah made women. I dont know if how im thinking is wrong ( don't get me wrong im a woman also) but i find its the basic human instinct to care for something so fragile as a baby. For example you walk on the street and you see a baby no parents nothing, are you gonna let him starve and die or are you gonna take him and feed him, educate him, etc. I dont know if i feel this way because of my mother with whom i have lots of fights and always threatens to disown me ever since i converted 3 years ago.. but i wold just like a logical explanation without the: she gave birth, she feeds you, etc.

Favorite Answer

Hi. Well you are not accepting the reasons. It's like saying: "What's 2+2? And don't tell me it's 4!" But here you are:

InshAllah, this has a very deep and long answer. Parents. Islam commands mankind to show kindness to his parents. It states in the Holy Qur'an:

We have enjoined on man Kindness to his parents: in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says "O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou hast bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam." (46:15)

Allah subhanahu wata'ala commanded kindness unto his parents.

The line provided in the Qur'an states: The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. That means its for a total of 30 months that your mother carried you, gave birth to you, and nursed you.

It doesn't matter what kind of mother you had, regardless of her character, even if she abandoned u at birth and years later you met her, you still owe her everything. You must listen to every command of your parents, UNLESS your parents are telling you to do something completely against Islam, then you must disobey but KINDLY explain to them that blank or blank is against Islam.

A mother is so important because she went through harship for you. Think about our mothers. She ,despite her character, went through so much , 9 months of carrying you in her womb, there's morning sickness, then back pain, pain in her abdomen, then she goes into labor for hours or even days. And despite all that harship, the moment you are born, Allah, our Lord, instills a love in her heart for you. She has never seen you, she's never heard you, and after all the pain she went through for you, immediately after you're born she loves you. She loves you-- of course there are exceptions to some mothers but that's because that mother doesn't know the beauty of Islam.

A hadith states a man came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and asked him who of all is entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me? The Prophet replied: Your Mother. The man asked, then who? The Prophet replied: Your Mother. The man asked, then who? The Prophet replied again: Your Mother. The man asked once again, then who? The Prophet said: Your Father. (Al-Bukhari).

This doesn't mean your father isn't as important.Your father must also be respected, he provides for you. He has a long, hard day at work to raise his family. Your father does a lot as well.

Hadith states you must first love Allah, then the Prophet, then your parents.

If a parent raised a child and did everything so the child would be happy, then the child grew up and neglected his parents, how would the parents feel?

So when parents grow old and helpless it is our duty, the children to take care of them just as they took care of us when we were helpless and in need.

Islam means submission to Allah, and Allah commands us to be grateful to our parents. Therefore we must do everything to fulfill Allah's command.

"Worship God and join not any partners with Him; and be kind to your parents..." [Noble Quran 4:36]

The mention of servitude to parents follows immediately after servitude to God. This is repeated throughout the Qur'an.

InshAllah i hope this has cleared a little of the importance of parents in Islam

Source(s): Qur'an and my Logic and understanding

those reasons you mentioned, they are reasons to why women, and mothers are so important. when mothers are given importance, its because what a mother does, a father cannot. a mother gives birth to us, she is responsible to our lives. she nurtures us, she is responsible for our nourishment and our growing up. but also because the love, the caring, the relationships that exist with mothers, it can't be found anywhere else.

and you having fights with ur mother, i wish you well and hope everything works out for you and her. best of luck.

Assalamu alaikum Spending our time for praying is the main needed because of the fact it extremely is our very own criminal duty as pronounced via Allah interior the Qur'an and additionally our on a daily basis desires a minimum of 5 circumstances an afternoon via praying we ought to implement good doings and avert undesirable doings(nahi munkar).yet inviting human beings to Islam is likewise a good deed the place Allah will supply us vast rewards whether it extremely is efficient. i will desire for you which you would be risk-free,no impediment and ought to attain your holiday spot satisfactorily on your journey to pass on your grandfather in yet another usa for a month.could Allah bless you. Ameen

• Yuki

I guess you can't understand what mothers go through unless you REALLY experience it yourself!

If you spend your whole life serving your mother it wouldn't be equal to the time and effort she spent awake at night feeding you, cleaning you, and patting your back!

Mothers are important. Period.

No further explanation necessary.

This quote comes to mind

"God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers."

by Rudyard Kipling

Mothers and fathers are important in every religion and every culture regardless how bad they are.

One of God's 10 commandments in the Bible is "Honor your Father and Mother." period.

"And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.

Wawassayna al-insana biwalidayhi hamalat-hu ommuhu wahnan 'ala wahnin wafisaluhu fee 'amayni ani oshkur lee waliwalidayka ilayya almaseeru

وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْناً عَلَى وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِي عَامَيْنِ أَنِ اشْكُرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيْكَ إِلَيَّ الْمَصِيرُ"

Source(s): (31:14) Al-Quran
  • JustMe

Pretty much like what you have said..