Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 8 years ago

Do all scientific discoveries require the invention of new technologies?

answer asap!

Favorite Answer

New technologies by definition evolve from existing science, and new technologies spur the advance of new discoveries. It's hard to know exactly what you are asking. As the bald one alluded to, the way your question is phrased, even one discovery based on current technology negates the entire assertion.

.

We know this: most of the low-hanging scientific fruit has already been picked. All of the most fundamental first principle discoveries have already been made, so most future progress will be based on refinement of and advancements on what is currently known. This is not a slur against science, but rather a testament to its effectiveness in describing reality as we can see it. Now we continue scientific exploration in realms that we can't directly see. Nanotechnology, biotechnology, genetic science, cosmology, particle physics, and many other fields will define science in the coming decades, and all of them rely heavily on the tools of technology. Exactly how you choose to define what is current and what is new, is up to you.

.

You may have it back-wards. New technoloies lead into new scientific discoveries. Sort of a oxymoron. Scientific discoveries and new technologies work in tandem with each other.

You also have to define scientific discoveries first to get a better answer.

• No. I'm sure there has been at least one discovery using current technology.

I think I will delay my answer until I'm good and ready.

EDIT Answer- Not always, but it is often true.