Q
Q asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

Should men in the West complain about anything, since men in other nations have it much worse?

I see this said to women here a lot, so I'm wondering if it's true of men.

Best Answer

Sure we can and should.

Why should we limit our lives because someone somewhere is worse off than us? Or should we all live like the poorest person so it's all even and stuff?

<sigh>

• 6 years agoReport

The way I look at it is that white men should have it best in society since jesus put the nigs and chinks on this earth to serve us and thats the god darn truth

• ?

Of course.

However, there is such a thing as remembering that they could be a lot worse off, and if they weren't so materialistic, selfish, and self centred, they would see that. That's for everyone, not just the men.

Good argument though, you're right. They do always say that to us. They complain an awful lot in here..

Since "complaining" is an excellent way to vent, de-stress, and well, nothing is perfect, complaining leads to debates leads to protests leads to reformation leads to social changes leads to reevaluations of entire value systems. So yeah, complain away. That's like asking should people in the West complain about having no nationalized health care, easy to access, and well administered, when health care in other nations is much worse.

Well western women aren't going to cease complaining so why should we?

Well I don't even complain. I have the rare occasion where I get fed up of idiots but hell, I'm only human. I've been through a lot myself so I'm certainly not what others would refer to as "pampered". I just see no point in bemoaning my life when it's primarily up to me to sort out any issues I may be facing.

Only starving third world children with AIDS have the right to complain about anything.

Men in other nations aren't put down as much by their women, so relationship-wise men in other nations do have it better. Women in non-feminist nations don't write articles like this about their men:

http://rageagainstthemanchine.com/2009/07/05/why-i...

Nor do they find it funny to say things like this:

https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

In many non-feminist nations it is a lot easier for an average man to find a healthy relationship, whereas in western nations women expect you to be good looking, tall, and confident, all the while putting you down.

Men in other nations also lead richer lives in terms of culture, where in western nations we are culturally devoid.

So yes, men in western nations do have something to complain about. Each nation has its own strengths and weaknesses.

BTW - The same can be said about women. They complain a lot, even though they have it easier than women in other nations, and even though they are the most privileged and codded group of people in the world.

This is a poor argument on both sides.

Third world shitholes shouldn`t be used as a reference ,the goal is to get as CLOSE to equality as humanly possible.

Yes, they can still complain, better and worse are relative terms.

• Hadean

A man can get hardly beaten in Arab countries.

That's if he disobeys his parents or anything in the likes.

Also, he has to join the war whether he liked it or not - dunno if the law regarding that stopped now.