what is Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim?

Okay so i sold something in virtual game for money but the client opened a dispute on paypal i dont know why but he said the item wasnt delivered, but i gave him the item already in-game. so i went to the dispute thing and i told him "why are you taking the money back i already gave you what u asked." noreply. now i saw this thing called Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim. what is that?? Can you give me tips about what i can do to solve this. I think i'm going to get scammed if i dont reply fast. (I have screen shots of transaction and skype chat)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

PayPal doesn't support money transactions relating to "virtual" gamers or points. And it's not you who escalates it to a claim, which is when PayPal decides who is wrong and who is right (who gets the money), it's the buyer. Unless you can prove the buyer got his item, and PayPal only accepts a tracking number from shipment, you can't win the dispute. So the buyer gets his money back. And yes, buyers know this loophole and scam sellers. Only sell stuff you can physically mail so you have proof of shipment or only accept a "gift" payment. Gift payments can't be disputed, a gift is a gift. Sorry about this.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

CALL Paypal and talk to someone about the situation. Also report the person to the game to get their account shut down if they took your monye

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.