What Stephen King books shall I read next?

I've almost finished 'IT' and I can easily say it's the best book I've ever read. However, I have no idea what to read next by him.... I was thinking maybe: the shining, the stand and under the dome, but Amazon only tells you so much. What should I get?

Best Answer

I am reading IT right now too! The Stand is his masterpiece so you should read that, but I think you should try Full Dark, No Stars. It's a collection of novellas including my favorite "Big Driver". The Shining is amazing. I've heard Under the Dome is great. Desperation is also a good choice. But like I said, Big Driver is my favorite novella by King. It's awesome and you can finish it in one sitting if you are committed. The others in that collection are decent (A Good Marriage makes you think twice about how much you know your spouse). Anyway, that's my opinion. Good luck and happy reading!

My top five favorites are The Stand, IT, The Green Mile, 'Salem's Lot, and 11/22/63, so I'd definitely recommend those (excluding IT, obviously). I just finished Under the Dome and it was great as well. If you like all of those I'd definitely advise reading all of his books-there are over 50, but I've been reading all of them for the past year and I haven't come across one that I thought was bad yet. Also, as Rose D said, you'd probably really enjoy 11/22/63 because Richie and Bev make a cameo and a good part of it is focused on the town of Derry.

• Rose D

Try 11-22-63. Part of it takes place in Derry and Richie and Bev make small cameo appearances and refer to some of the things that happened in It. Salem's Lot and The Shining are also excellent, as is Misery.

Carrie, Cugo, Salem's Lot, The Shining are all excellent stories.

http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?source=search_app#hl...