horse224 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

does wearing a tampon count as losing your V-tag?

- is it dangerous to wear a tampon

- im a light flow but ive never worn one

- its my 3rd time getting my period is it too soon?

Favorite Answer

Could be dangerous if you leave it for longer than 5-8 hours. You could get TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) if you are not careful.

Choose the lightest absorbency for your flow. Go for the "Lite" ones not "Super" or anything like that. No it's not too soon. I used tampons on the second day of my first ever period, it was fine for me.

And NOPE. It doesn't mean you've lost your virginity. Losing your virginity only happens when you've had sex.

the only way that counts as loosing your "V-tag" is having penetrative sex with a man

for the majority of women tampons aren't dangerous if you have light flow it's probably not worth using tampons outside of aquatic activities but there's nothing stopping you using them

If you wore a tampon, and later on your mother asked you "have you lost your virginity?" What would you answer?

It will break your hymen, which is a piece of tissue that guards the entrance to your vagina. but for the majority of people, it doesn't count as losing your virginity. Only having sex makes you lose your virginity.