Need a new book to read?

Needs to have good action, good character development so possibly a series and I like it when a book has a good romance mixed in. Also I'm looking to go slightly more adulty.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Answer

I recommend that you read Solaris by Stanislaw Lem. It is a fantastic book for which a new excellent translation just came out. There is no action in the sense of machine guns, etc. but the unfolding of events is so intelligent you will love it. At first it might be disconcerting but it is worth it completely. One of the masterpieces of Science Fiction.

If you want something slightly different and shorter, go for The Invention of Morel by Adolfo Bioy Casares.

Don't read Paulo Coelho, do not waste your life.

If you want action try 'Contest' and 'Ice Station' by Matthew Reilly. They maybe lack a little character development, but they can't be beaten on action.

Wilbur Smith is good for mixing action and romance and he also writes series of books. Check fantasticfiction for details.

A lot of Jack Higgins books usually has some romance thrown into the stories, but sometimes it's very subtle. He also writes series of books, most notably Sean Dillon. However they don't really have any romance. Still worth a read though, because Higgins does write characters.

John Le Carre also writes characters, but his books do tend to lack action because they're about moral complexities of every day life, set in the spy and political worlds.

• person

I'd recommend The Mortal Instruments Series, The Dark Inside Series, The Hunger Games Series, Delirium Series and The Lying Game Series. They all have really exciting plots with some romance.

Pawn of Prophesy by David Eddings

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

Freedom's Landing or Dragonflight by Ann McCaffrey

Blood Price by Tanya Huff

Graceling by Kristen Cashore

Try the Gone series by Michael Grant, he's a really awesome author and that series of books is my all time favourite. They're a series of 6 books and they're sci-fi with some elements of romance.

Paolo coelho does some amazing books. They are not your usual types but rather slightley philosophical. The Alchemist is one of his most famous books. But 11 minutes is also great.

http://www.paulocoelho.com/en/

No Greater Sacrifice

The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon has plenty of action, romance, and supernatural too. and this series is mature

Source(s): read most of the series

artemis fowl is amazing but u wont find it 'adulty'..try reading Sidney Sheldon(the other side of midnight,the doomsday conspiracy-I recommend)

Have you read the perks of being a wallflower? Try it. I find it intense, interesting tho! :)