Is it ever ok for a husband to take off his ring?

My husband goes riding (four wheelers) and I am currently visiting family in fl, I haven't been wearing my wedding ring because it was sharp and cutting into my daughter while changing diapers. So I turned it in to the jeweler so have it rounded. My husband sent me a pic of himself and he wAsnt wearing his ring. When I confronted him he responded that the vibrations make the ring fall off and when gripping the handle bars it cuts him. Should I be concerned? We have been going through a rough patch but we are trying to work through it. Neither of us have cheated throughout our relationship but he has wondering eyes.

Please help!

HE IS 22 I AM 24 and we have a 7 month old.

Best Answer

That situation is understandable, i take my ring off all the time when im at sea or working ashore because it can seriously injure me..i also take it off when i go racing (motorcross) because it can hurt your finger, at the end of the day ok its a symbol but on the other hand it is just a piece of metal..just because he takes it off doesnt mean that flicks a switch and he stops loving you...

Would you rather he lost or broke his ring? What if he got into a four wheeler accident and the ring had to be cut off? Wearing a ring doesn't make you married. It's a nice symbol, but it's not what matters. What matters is the commitment you two have made. That commitment doesn't go away by taking off a piece of jewelry. My grandparents have been married for sixty years. They don't wear wedding rings at all and have managed just fine.

• NWIP

Lots of spouses have to take off their ring for various reasons. Some it can be a requirement because with job if their ring gets stuck they can lose their finger. He has a valid reason because it can cause problems. Not wearing a ring doesn't mean you are cheating or even thinking about it.

Well Amanda darling, I'm sorry to hear about your "rough patch" but honey? Been there - done that and the stories did indeed? Emulate your situation...We had hardly spoken in a month...About that time, he had an accident where his finger swelled and FIRE DEPT. at Tahoe had to come and SAW OFF HIS RING to save his finger...Wouldn't you know it? THEN? My "raised "diamond" fell out of my ring...It kinda put our married life into perspective...(he was a tremendously active man sportswise)

He never wore the ring again - I didn't want him to...Then after 7 years of marriage? he bought me PRECISELY what I wanted...A wide band with tiny diamonds SMOOTH to the touch but noticeable (gorgeous, $500) I've wore it forever...

He died sooner than later. I never begrudged/worried about him not wearing a ring...Along the way? something wonderful happened...We "found" each other again...Truly...

I can't explain it any better...He loved me! - I knew it! -I loved him! He knew it! With, or without the ring - but of course, it meant a bit more to me as a woman.

Go with your gut honey...and? With God, your faith...

Best of luck dear in finding your way...

Grace

Ahem. Dear Woman. Stop being so damn worried. My dad never really wore his ring after a little bit of time because an accident happened where it was stuck on his finger while he was hanging from a tractor. And anyways it is just a damn ring. It might mean a lot but it it's not gonna ruin your love.

Source(s): My mind... What else?
  • BOBBER

I do maintence work and depending on the job and the day I may have mine off.

That ring does not mean he will or wont cheat. Its in his heart.

Source(s): happily married
  • sometimes my husband takes his off if he is eating something really messy and it bothers me i tell him you can wash your stupid hands. im not sure at this point you should be concerned he may be telling you the absolute truth but i def do see where your coming from. you may also feel some hurt too.

Source(s): self

He can take it off before he goes to bed. But in public he shouldn't have any excuse to take it off.

believe him , he can cheat you while wearing the ring