Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 8 years ago

I am going to audition for YG entertainment and I have afew questions?

My name is Arial, I'm 14 and I'm half Chinese and part korean. My mom was the Asian one of my parents and well she passed away when I was younger so I don't really remember any Chinese or korean. I have been in love with kpop since I was 10, I practice dancing and my rapping and singing all the time, I am a good dancer, my rap is catchy but my voice isn't all that great, it's more RNB but its always low so it's like jinsils... I want to audition for YG but my grandma wants me to be able to answer abunch of questions so she knows 100% what will happen at the audition and what would happen if I got in.

1) if I got the video tapes in of me dancing, singing, ect. Would they pay for me and my grandma to go to Korea for the audition infront of the judges in person?

2) I'm a little chubby, I'm not the average korean weight, would they still take me in as a trainee if I'm not thin yet?

3) I grew up in Canada so my English is perfect but my korean is... Well lets say my korean friends listen to my korean and tease me, would they teach me English?

4) I'm not the prettiest girl but I'm also not the ugliest, I'm average, would YG still take me in?

5) if i got in, they would pay for my food, housing, clothes and my daily needs, right?

6) if I was a trainee how would I go to school? Would my dancing lessons, singing lessons, korean lessons just be part of my schooling?

7) would I ever have a chance to meet my sunbaes(Big Bang, 2NE1, lee hi, tablo)?

8) who would look after me through the day?

9) what would happen if I went missing?

10) would they make me get plastic surgery? Like since I'm still young, would they ever make me get plastic surgery?

11) would I ever get to visit my grandparents after I got in?

12) what are most korean trainees like? Would they bully me for being a foreigner? Are they like what korean dramas make them look like(stuck up, snobby, rude)? So basically how would I get treated since I'm from Canada and not full korean?

13) what would have to happen for me to get set back home? Like how bad would it have to be for YG to drop me as a trainee?

14) would I be able to be myself? Or as a trainee would they make me start making a image for myself?

15) are there rules about dating other trainees?

16) what would happen if I got badly injured? Would I get sent home?

Favorite Answer

I will try to answer generally and honestly

A: No you pay for yourself to go to South korea, but unless they already accepted you as a trainee they will pay for you but if you're audition it your own money.

A:Yes they will, some kpop star start out as chubby and they started going on diet and ****.

A: By english did you mean Korean? If you know english that a plus :D and yes they will train you on korean. Nickhun 2PM didn't know any korean when he got in.

A:Yes, as long as your asian but the chance of them picking you is kind of slim because i think last year at Jyp there like atleast 20,000 person who applied and only 3 got in.

A:I think they'll pay for part of it and some part not.

A:I think you do, do academic but i think it very little. Because you train 24/7

A:Probably you'll see them training too

A:I would probably say yourself? Or if YG set you in a group then yeah your members but you guy need to work out your relationship first

9) what would happen if I went missing?

A:I think they got all of that on the training rules, but they'll probably call the police to look for u.

A:I think sometime it your choice and their choice. But if they force you to do so, then do it or by the end of the day you'll find yourself saying goodbye.

A:Honestly you won't get to see your grandparents that much due to them pushing you and training.

A:The chance of them bullying you is possible. Some are nice some are mean but from what i heard some trainees aren't that nice. If you look at every kpop stars information atleast one of them say that they been bullied by other trainer before. But you know what you should show them that your not here to be bullied and just train your best. Why train when you can't handle the situation of other trainer bullying you. That call stress. But in a way i heard they like foreign people too.

A: They will send you back base on their opinion of you. Maybe you can't dance? Maybe you can't sing? Your not showing much in their eye? Your not gaining anything at all? And other more.

A: Training can be alot of stress, and when you debut the company will make you say all of these fake stuff to get you popular.

A:Depend on company, some let you and some don't. It all in the rules.

A:No i think you will rest like other kpop stars like when they can't perform on stage bc their injured just simple stuff like that. But if it something serious for example Cancer then probably.

Hope that answer all of your question

1) No they will not pay for you to go, sorry.

2) If you are extraordinary! I'm so sorry, but the kpop industry is kind of cut throat. If you can show them that you are willing to work the weight off they might consider you.

3) Yes they will teach you Korean, but it's better if you knew Korean before. They generally like Korean and speakers better because this is Kpop. You will spend most of your time in Korea, so if you are not fluent by the time you debut there is a weakness. Also you might be left out of some events if you cannot speak it like Amber from f(x) who knows Mandarin and English fluently, but not Korean fluently.

4) YG will take you if you have talent, bottom line.

5) Yes they will pay for everything once you get in.

6) You would go to your regular learning school (like regular high school), and then afterward you would go to trainee school where you practice singing, dancing, and whatnot.

7) Yes, maybe if you make it, but please do not go into the industry to meet your favorite kpop artists. Honestly, that shouldn't be your only motive to go.

8) Probably an adult or supervisor, but you'll have to be independent.

9) The police would search for you until you weren't.

10) They might depending on what you look like. You can refuse, but then again if you refuse they might make you walk out the door...

11) You can visit minimally maybe twice a year if even that, AND using your own money.

12) They are normal people looking to get debuted at fast as possible, and looking to get famous. They probably won't bully you since Koreans tend to enjoy english speaking people, but if they do don't take it too personally. Korean dramas are almost never true. I hardly believe they will be that stuck up and rude. You might feel a little left out, because it seems to me that you're not even half. However, you will adjust.

13) It all depends, I'm sorry, but I cannot really genuinely answer this. YG makes all of the decisions and they might cut you just because they cannot afford you anymore. It all depends. If you get sent back home you just have to go back home, and lead a normal lifestyle I guess.

14) Yes you can be yourself they support individuality! However, they will also mold you into a kpop star, because no one is born naturally a kpop star. xD

15) Yes, you are generally not supposed to date. However, I'm sure even if they did they cannot really regulate something like that.

16) If you get badly injured you would be treated, and depending on how bad it is yes you would be sent home. (like cancer, you would probably get sent home. Or getting paralyzed)

Sorry if I sounded a tad bit harsh, but this is the life of a kpop trainee! I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions you can message me on here.

-Happy Hour ♥

1. No. They don't pay for auditions.

2. If you're really good, yes

3. Yes. There are few idols who are foreigners like Nichkhun and Victoria

4. Yes. Look at Psy (no offense) XD

5. It's safe to bet that they'll pay for part of it, but not all of it

6. There's a specific time for training. I think Jay Park went to school while training

7. Yep

8. Umm hard to say. Fellow trainees, or your sunbaes (sometimes)?

9. It depends on how long and how often. If you do it too much, they'll send you back.

10. Not neccessarily. I think most of singers of YG are natural.

11. From time to time.

12. I know for a fact that most Koreans are nice to foreigners, but I'm not sure about trainees. Maybe they will, but don't be nervous.

13. Breaking rules, getting into legal trouble

14. I'm pretty sure it's up to you. Minjun (aka Jun.K) made up some sort of image by himself. Then there's IU, who's image is innocent and is set by the company.

15. Yes. It's different from company to company.

16. Most likely

Yg Entertainment Rules

Hey :) No! That's a perfect age! A lot of trainees recommend to audition at the ages 13-18. 1) No, it doesn't matter if you have braces! 2) Yeah, it doesn't matter! Not a lot of singers are all tall! For an example: SNSD (Girls' Generation), Taeyeon, Sunny, they're both not the tallest people x] 3) Nope! If you noticed, a lot of singers wear contract lenses and sometimes glasses. 4)Yeah, if you're into R&B/Hip-Hop/Rap, YG is perfect for you. YG although is really hard to get in; they look at your talent like hard-core haha. But if you practice, I'm sure you can do it! Just think about each company and audition to the place that YOU think is right for you :) 5)Yes. But make sure your picture is not photoshopped (don't change the lighting, colo, etc. They will NOT accep it), it also can't be like sticker pictures. Just keep that in mind :) Good luck!

• 1) it depends on yg. i heard somewhere that they only pay for you to go audition, but they don't pay for you to go back. they buy you a one way ticket basically.

2) if you appeal to them, they will take you in. they'll probably make you go on a diet to lose weight.

3) u mean korean? they will teach you, but you should learn on your own beforehand, so they know you're willing to live in korea.

4) yg isn't too picky with images. look at daesung.

5) no. they will provide you with housing only. you buy your own necessities.

6) they basically make your schedule. you go to school on a regular basis, then you go to practice, etc. i think a normal day for a trainee is like 8am-10pm

7) if you're lucky, you will meet them.

8) you would have a trainer.

9) well if you got kidnapped, they will probably call the police. if you ran away on your will, they won't do anything. you sign a contract when you become a trainee, so read the rules.

10) they can't make you get plastic surgery, but they will advise you to do so. but this is yg so who knows.

11) it depends on your schedule and if yg lets you.

12) they like foreigners. it all depends on the person.

13) you breaking any rules in the contract.

14) well, you'll be restricted to live freely since you're under their company and they have an image. if you're like outgoing, they won't make you become emo or goth..

15) i don't know about yg, but usually they don't let you date.

16) you would be treated in the hospital.

Source(s): gl.

If you want to know a very good vocal coach try to visit https://tr.im/7eapa an online vocal coaching tutorial. Everything, ranging from breathing fundamentals, vocalizing exercises, techniques on singing high and low notes, how to not go off-key/out of tune/off-sync, musicianship and music theory, proper diction and articulation, and a lot more are covered, all in our native language. It can be quite technical in nature, but it really helps since it covers the musical aspect of singing deeply and not just concentrates on how to impress people with your vocal range, riffs and runs and other cliches that do not necessarily make one a complete vocalist.

Everyone in YG Entertainment is strictly korean. i doubt they would accept someone who is half chinese. sorry if that offends you, but im just letting you know :))