Swapping SODIMM ram from HP to Gateway?

I have an HP laptop with 8 GB @ 1600 (2x4gb) and I want to swap it for a slower 4 GB (2x2gb) ram in this gateway nv5942u. So I swapped the rams together but when I turn on the gateway laptop it says failed due to a new hardware change. How do I fix this, architecture is x64 Windows 7

• Bob
    Favorite Answer

The best place to get information about ram "memory"

http://www.crucial.com/?cpe=pd_msn_us&ef_id=cxdPTX...

Customer Service

Toll-free for US & Canada: 800-336-8915

Phone: 1-208-363-5790

Hours (MST): Monday - Friday: 7am - 6pm Customer Service

Toll-free for US & Canada: 800-336-8915

Phone: 1-208-363-5790

Hours (MST): Monday - Friday: 7am - 6pm

I enjoy,

helping when I can, thanks...

CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Professional

At artwork i'm getting greater Hp's, compaqs and gateways interior the i do dells....dont misinterpret this as asserting dell is the perfect nonetheless. Dell is in basic terms a attractiveness which you're procuring. in case you prefer a stable laptop, have a interior of sight laptop place custom build you a working laptop or laptop. they're going to greater then possibly have a greater valuable warrenty then any of the different places do and it is likewise nearer to you so if it doesn ensue to decrease to rubble, you could take it genuine to them and not ought to deliver it in and wait some weeks at the same time as the "large" companys provide you the finger.