What types of education does a game warden need?

I love the wild and wild animals and don't like hunters, so I am thinking of becoming one of them. What types of education do i need to become a game warden

2 Answers

  • R K
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    criminal justice classes. pretty much the people you will be dealing with all the time are hunters,

    campers, sportsmen. a game wardens job is to protect the wildlife and the people out in the woods.

    you should like hunters,fishermen, outdoor enthusiasts, the permits and license fees they pay to do what they do, pay your salary. without hunters, fishermen, campers, they would be out of a job.

  • J.W.
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    Requirements to become a game warden and how you become a game warden depends on the agency that you want to work for. Visit the websites of the agencies that you might want to work for. Agency websites often provide information about their applicant requirements, about how to apply, and about their hiring process. Getting a college degree is one of the best things that you can do. Many law enforcement agencies require or prefer applicants to have college. Having a degree could help you get hired by some agencies. Some agencies pay their officers more if they have a college degree. Having a degree could also help you get promoted during your career. Agronomy, animal science, biology, environmental science, fisheries/wildlife biology, communications, conservation biology, criminal justice, forestry, forest management, natural resource management, range management, range science, agricultural science, zoology, ecology are some majors that you might want to consider. If you are interested in animals and/or the outdoors and law enforcement, you might want to also consider titles such as animal cruelty investigator, humane law enforcement officer, and park ranger. You might be interested in federal jobs such as Uniformed Law Enforcement officer for the United States Forrest Service or Special Agent, Wildlife Inspector for the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, or Special Agent for the Environmental Protection Agency. Consider local, state, and federal jobs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.