What do I need to do to move to USA from Canada?

I am a Canadian citizen who is hoping to move to USA with my family, I have four children ages (19,18,15,13) and my wife. I want to know what I would need to start up the process of getting permanent residency in the US, as i would need my kids to attend University and school over there. As well as be eligible to purchase a house, do i need to get a lawyer right now? whats the process?

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Is your spouse an US citizen? If not, you would need an employer to sponsor you for a greencard. Usually you would have to get a work visa first. The easiest to get if you have the right job is a TN visa, but only some jobs qualify. All qualifying jobs require at least a bachelors degree.

    A lot of money for an investment visa could also get a greencard, but it would have to be at least half a million dollars.

    I suggest you read up on the USCIS website the ways to get a greencard.


  • 4 years ago

    Australia, since they speak english, besides lots of the metropolis's are close the coasts and the climates range from mid tempered to scorching, however it could be both on the west coast or east coast, town of Perth has its charm but its a protracted strategy to the subsequent closest city Adelaide, and Adelaide is not fairing to good proper now given that they're experiencing a drought, so the high-quality wager could be either Sidney or up the coast in Queensland.

  • 7 years ago

    First get your head examined.. why on earth would you want to live in the U.S. instead of Canada?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.